1990 Buick Riviera Q&A

1990 Buick Riviera Question: Problem of the trunk pull down motor not working.

I do have power getting to switch because the motor does get hot. I assume the actual pull down bar is seized. What other cars share the same unit? -
I am having the same problem. I just bought my 1991 Riviera. The trunk pull down motor was unplugged. I plugged it back up. I came back later and found the motor was hot and the trunk was pulled down. Then I realized my trunk would not close with the motor in the pulled down position. I had to take the cover off the motor and pull it out. Then my latch loop would move freely in the up position. Then I could close my trunk without the pull down feature working. I searched EBay and found many pull down compatible motors for it. I am bidding on one as I answer this now. In other words I believe your motor and mine are burnt out. Time for a new one. Just the motor goes for around $50 and for the whole package about S200. Hope this helps. I need help figuring out how to reset a cirquit breaker. I tried changing a light bulb and all of a sudden my inside lights and remote door locks stopped working. All the fuses are good. It has to be a cirquit breaker. -