1993 Volkswagen Golf Q&A

1993 Volkswagen Golf Question: problem in engine

I have a Golf 3 2e engine a \ t 1993 model. The problem is that sometimes the rpm be irregular and it is difficult to reach more than 2000 and the car be without power (difficult to move). I checked the car by computer and there is no diagnostic code. And i was cleaned the throttle and stepper motor and the air balancer, but to no avail Please help -
I would check the pick-up in the distributor, pull on the wires, they get old and can cause lots of problems. Also make sure your timing is right on with a timing light, make sure that your belt has not slipped and do a fuel pressure check. Check your Air Mass Meter, a quick way to check it is to let the car run and then disconnect it, this is called the Bosch 'go-no-go-test'. If your car smooths out, then you may have a bad Mass Air Flow Meter, make sure that you do not have oil on your air filter, the PCV system backs up in these cars and needs an update kit. If oil gets on the Mass Air Sensor from the Air Filter, well 'its over' for the Mass Air Flow Sensor and Air Filter. -
Comment 1
Thanks so much, note that this problem is rarely talked to me about once a week and after a long journey in the Traffic jam , walk on the open way does not occur at all , in addition to being at the time of the problem I hear the voice comes from the gate of air mass meter where moving move non-regular -
Check speed sensor on Trans -
The engine may develop an overheating condition due to a damaged water pump impeller. Our techn...
Where is located the Engine coolant sensor? and how do I get it out to replace it? or, how much would it cost to replace it by someone else?
My check engine light keeps comming on and off. There is no loss in performance that I have noticed. My thoughts are O2 sensor or cat?
check engine light flashes and then car shakes. problem is intermitten.
ikeep on going through throttle cables is is my 3d in 4 years!What would be the cause of them breaking?allso what would cause the gear shift to shudder?