problem accelerating with a Chrysler Town and Country on 2006 Chrysler Town & Country

I'm having a problem accelerating with a Chrysler Town and Country. Transmission Oil looked good and it was full. I'm thinking it's a sensor?

by in Milwaukee, WI on February 01, 2009
1 answer 2 comments
ANSWER by on February 01, 2009
Do you have a Check Engine Light on? How does your speedometer work and does it read correctly? Does it feel like your vehicle is only in 1 gear? It sounds like your tansmission has a fault code. Sometimes it is an input speed sensor. if there is a fault for this or other trans fault codes, the trans goes into a limp home mode with only 1 gear, kinda like windows 'safe' mode. I asked about your speedo b/c these vehicles tend to have output speed sensor codes which will effect the speedo. Is there some way you can get a scan of your trans and engine computer to see what codes there are?
COMMENT by on February 01, 2009
Yes, I have a check engine light on. The speedometer seems to be functioning properly. Yes, it seems like it only goes to 1 gear.
COMMENT by on October 04, 2010
I have been having a problem since day 1 when I got my town and country..When I got to stop it hesitates to shift down and when I take off it hesitates to shift up. then yesterday my check engine light came on and I had it hooked up to see why the check engine light was on and it came up shifter celenoid. I am mad because I Informed the dealership what was going on when i bought the car and now this happens. Thank God I Have A good warranty on the car.
i just bought a 2003 chrysler town and country. when im at the freeway accelerating to about 60 to 65 miles/hr the van is vibrating as well as when im accelerating to about 50 to 55 miles/hr uphill...
I have a 97 Chrysler Town and country...... my serp belt falls off every time it rains and only...
Help!!!! I have a 99 town & country limited engine revs in park & neutral & when at stop light/sign RPM is at 1.5 what is the problem?
while driving today it started running rough. when i stopped at a stopsign and started back up the van started shaking and the check engine light came on flashing when i sped up and stayed at that ...