» » »

Ford Q&A

Ask Your Question

1998 Ford F-150 Question: price for both or just one



, 4.6L V8, Saint Paul, MN, May 31, 2009, 01:10

does this price replace both ball joints or just one? also do you need to replace the upper control arms or just the ball joint?

1 Answer
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    May 31, 2009, 17:34

    You can just replace the ball joints with out doing the whole control arm. The price quoted is just 1 ball joint at a time i.e the lower ball joint on 1 side etc. I have done them and is is a very labor intensive job. One must relax and remove the springs. And then use a 20 ton press to press out each ball joint. It is kind of a dangerous job to do, actually.

    Flag This