1992 Ford Taurus Q&A

1992 Ford Taurus Question: Power Steering Problems.

I recently replaced my power steering pump for leaks. The last pump was leaking at the reservoir, I replaced my pump 2 weeks ago and now I'm adding fluid every day sometimes even twice a day. I always check under the car but their are no puddles indicating a leak. Power steering hoses are fine and so is the return hose. Where can the power steering fluid be leaking? Please help me out. -
You may be slowly purging an air pocket created in the system when you replaced the pump. If you're adding pint upon pint - maybe there is something more. But if it's a lesser amount, then it's probably compensating for the air that eventually will purge in full. And like you said - inspecting for leaks is the only thing you can really do; there's not a hidden place fluid can go. You should look at the rack and pinion steering gear boots - make sure they are not swollen with fluid, and check the physical connections at the lines. Good luck! -
could be a seal or a small crack in the pump -
My husband has replaced the pump and pressure line. After putting in more than 8, 10 oz bottles it's still not marking on the powers steering dip stick/cap. HELP... What could he have done wrong??
Power steering suddenly stopped working well. Was fine, then started the car and it was difficult to steer, and got worse. Tried adding power steering fluid, helped for a couple of minutes, then sa...
trying to replace power steering pump
I need to know where the power steering filter is located.
my steering is tight and makes a little noise. Do I need the power steering flushed out ?