When my car is running there is a hissing noise. The noise goes away if I move the steering wheel just a tiny bit in either direction and hold it. If I let go, the noise persists. The power steering pump was replaced 2 months ago. Good this be some sort of a vacuum leak as I believe the pump is not belt driven.
power steering noise on 2001 Cadillac DeVille
Asked by Visitor for the 2001 Cadillac DeVille
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by Visitor ,
June 28, 2010
add pwr steering fluid
1 answerJune 18, 2010
1 answerApril 22, 2015
1 answerMarch 30, 2013
2 answersJuly 17, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Cadillac DeVille Questions
- My brake pedal is very soft and to the floor, braking slow, No fluid in lines
- What could cause my car to do this.
- heater blows cool air does not heat up. All coolant levels are good. What do I
- 1999 Cadillac Deville, completely shuts off when coming to a stop.
- started fast idle ICM was the problem, put used 2001better but still runs rough?
2001 Cadillac DeVille Estimates
- Timing Belt Replacement ($386 - 513) in Thedford, NE
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($93 - 144) in Milton, KY
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($419 - 634) in Elk River, MN
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Nelson, MN
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Rarden, OH
- Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement ($144 - 203) in Fisherville, KY