When my car is running there is a hissing noise. The noise goes away if I move the steering wheel just a tiny bit in either direction and hold it. If I let go, the noise persists. The power steering pump was replaced 2 months ago. Good this be some sort of a vacuum leak as I believe the pump is not belt driven.
power steering noise on 2001 Cadillac DeVille
Asked by for the 2001 Cadillac DeVille
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Visitor ,
June 28, 2010
add pwr steering fluid
1 answerJune 18, 2010
1 answerMarch 30, 2013
1 answerOctober 18, 2009
1 answerApril 22, 2015
2 answersJuly 17, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Cadillac DeVille Questions
- I have a white blue smoke coming from exhaust ans it smells like pure raw gas
- how much is the labor and parts cost for replacements of 2 coil packs.
- What are the types of sensors causes your engine light stay on
- Rear end leaking fluid and power steering fluid low?
- The service security device flashes across dash. Starter disabled comes on.
2001 Cadillac DeVille Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($303 - $464) in Thedford, NE
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($308 - $485) in Milton, KY
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($920 - $1,198) in Elk River, MN
- Steering Rack Replacement ($665 - $1,126) in Nelson, MN
- Throttle Body Replacement ($673 - $693) in Rarden, OH
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($194 - $243) in Fisherville, KY