The book calls for a kind of power steering fluid that I can't find. can I use something else?
power steering fluid on 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
December 11, 2010
You need to use the proper kind, otherwise you risk damaging the power steering components, causing thousands of $$ of damage. You should be able to find this fluid at a Mercedes Dealer, or just maybe a Dodge/Chrysler dealer because MB shared a lot of parts between the two companies. Try MB first though.
Verified for the Mercedes-Benz E3509 reports
2 answersMarch 24, 2011
1 answerApril 16, 2011
1 answerJune 29, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz E350 Questions
- My auxillary battery malfunction light came on. What do I need to do?
- dealer replaced passenger low beam headlight. still doesnt work.
- Hydraulic suspension fail car to low to drive how can I move it. tow said no
- "Check oil level at next refueling" keeps reappearing after every start up.
- what is wrong when backup camera not displaying
2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estimates
- Head Gasket Replacement ($1,985 - 2,454) in Kilmichael, MS
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($269 - 361) in Glenshaw, PA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($780 - 997) in Floral City, FL
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($262 - 537) in Sargeant, MN
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($1,898 - 2,017) in Absaraka, ND
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($221 - 261) in Kailua Kona, HI