Steering is very difficult. Car started overheating as soon as steering became diff. Bad pump? What made it overheat? Thanks
Power steering on 1999 Mercury Villager
BEST ANSWER by rdude135,
April 12, 2009
This sounds like you lost a drive belt or drive belts. The drive belts work the power steering pump along with the water pump. If the belts are not there then steering will become difficult and the water pump will not circulate the coolant and cause overheating.
1 answerJanuary 11, 2015
1 answerSeptember 26, 2011
1 answerDecember 21, 2010
0 answersSeptember 16, 2016
2 answersJune 19, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Villager Questions
- Steering wheel centered far left, shakes while turning right. Losing PS fluid.
- Will not start lights windows all work turn key all the way to start and nothing
- I put a new wiper motor in and wiper still doesn't work
- The van chokes and stalles out past 35 rpms.
- Why does the compresser go off & on after 2 cans of freon