Steering is very difficult. Car started overheating as soon as steering became diff. Bad pump? What made it overheat? Thanks
Power steering on 1999 Mercury Villager
BEST ANSWER by rdude135 ,
April 12, 2009
This sounds like you lost a drive belt or drive belts. The drive belts work the power steering pump along with the water pump. If the belts are not there then steering will become difficult and the water pump will not circulate the coolant and cause overheating.
1 answerJanuary 11, 2015
1 answerSeptember 26, 2011
1 answerDecember 21, 2010
0 answersSeptember 16, 2016
2 answersJune 19, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Villager Questions
- Oil leakage under carriage. Can't seem to find where it's coming from.
- What will cause the engine to suddenly start knocking without any noises prior?
- 96 Mercury Villiger won't start
- Front end suspension problems it feels like the tires are going to come off
- Having driveable issues it makes a grinding like growling sound while in motion