Took my PT to get checked out because steering suddenly got very heavy after I did a u-turn. Mechanics say fluid has metal flakes in it and that entire power steering components ( pump, hoses, switch, steering rack etc... )have to be replaced at a cost of 2400 dollars! This seems rather excessive to me. I did a search for the parts and they came to less than $500. $2000 for labor??? Seriously?
power steering on 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
by ivordarcy in Lancaster, CA on April 27, 2010
Verified for the Chrysler PT Cruiser57 reports
2 answersApril 20, 2010
1 answerMarch 21, 2015
1 answerFebruary 09, 2011
This week's top 10 answerers
Recent Chrysler PT Cruiser Questions
- I have a 2007 pt cruiser sometimes it seems like it's not shifting right. I checked the fluid and it was low. So I filled it. checked it again in a few days and it was low again? I don't see any leaks anywhere. What could be the problem? Thank you Ron
- Car is overheating when idling more than a few minutes/ after driving across town.
- rpm goes up to 5 sometimes....what is the problems
- Fog lights staying on.How much does multifunction switch cost? Is this the cause?
- How do I get to the parking lights to change them?