Power lock problem on 2001 Ford Escape

A few months ago, my power locks started giving me trouble. The remote will unlock the driver's side door only. Similarly, the driver's side lock switch will unlock the drivers side door, but aside from that, all the doors have to be manually locked and unlocked. I have checked the fuse, it is fine, and I have replaced the battery in the remote. Any suggestions?

by in Houston, TX on December 17, 2009
2 answers
ANSWER by on January 17, 2010
Check the master switch on the drivers side. Your driver side lock motor works, because it works from the passenger side switch. This where I would start.
ANSWER by on March 09, 2010
lost power to the keyless starte and locks is there a main fuse lent that i am missing
how do you open lift gate on 2001 ford escape if power locks don't work?
I had just drained the lubricant from the rear differential, and replaced it and added some slip lock. That did nothing for the issue. Could it be from the Power Take Off unit? Or possibly could it...
it had locked up steering wheel and shifter battery is good truck has 200,000 miles on it we checked it out it has 2 dead plugs and no pick up ( see two dead plugs)just got vehicle last week I kno...
Is it safe to drive? It's been OK for 2 days for short trips.
door wont open from outside or inside