The power door lock on the drivers side is very sluggish and gets stuck is this an easy fix and is it something i can do myself? thank you for any help!
power door locks on 1998 Ford Explorer
BEST ANSWER by jefo1 ,
April 19, 2009
had same problem i had to put new lock in mine price of locks was about $50.they come in a set of two with keys at pepboys. you will have to take the in side door panal off to get at the lock locks. took me about 1hour to do both driver an passager doors
1 answerOctober 05, 2010
1 answerSeptember 08, 2011
1 answerSeptember 29, 2009
1 answerSeptember 02, 2013
1 answerSeptember 17, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- i have no power to the heat and air control module no display no blower fan
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
1998 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Radiator Replacement ($562 - 828) in Carson, IA
- Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement ($82 - 127) in Aristes, PA
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($608 - 1,224) in Troy, IL
- 115,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Minerva, OH
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,990 - 2,026) in Grygla, MN
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($324 - 388) in Elk, CA