Power door lock problems on 1997 Buick Century

The passenger, and both rear doors do not lock with the door button or the key remote. is there a quick fix?

by in Flint, MI on May 14, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on May 15, 2009
I cannot say for sure on a 97 but on a 98 Century the lock and unlock relays for the passenger and rear doors are inside the Body Control Module. If the doors unlock but do not not lock then I would suspect the fault is with the BCM. Before replacing any parts please confirm the at the systems are the same for a 97 and 98 Century and perform the necessary diagnostics to confirm the fault.
Car stopped dead. Couldn't restart or open locked doors to get out of the car. Computer malfunctioned? But, why could I not open doors?
Leaving WalMart on side road, I slowed for stop sign, my engine quit dead and the doorlocks had automatically locked. I tried the door handle but could not budge it. We were locked in and couldn't ...
One or more of the power windows may stop working due to a failed window switch. Failed switches will require replacement.
Purchased used switch, hooked it up, front windows still do not operate up or down. Tested motors and they work.
need help with the fuse's how do I know which one is for the speedometer. my manual states its #10 but there are others showing #10 as well, does the box start top left to top right or top left an...