When going up a long hill the trans constantly shifts between 3rd and 4th at approx 60mph. Speedometer bounces between 50 and 70 with no noticeable change in vehicle speed.
Possible slipping transmission on 1998 GMC Safari
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Safari Questions
- i replaced my heater blower fan and still doesn't work
- What do I make of the price range from $70-to $300 for replacment distributer?
- cranks but no start. replaced fuel pump, filter, and battery. noticed
- neg wire to air conditioner fuse not sending signal so compressor won't start
- Vehicle is mighty squeaky and has alot of bounce ,smooth bounce, but bounce..sho
1998 GMC Safari Estimates
- Head Gasket Replacement ($1,264 - 1,723) in Cliffside Park, NJ
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($833 - 1,033) in Chippewa Lake, OH
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($302 - 432) in Malcom, IA
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($387 - 620) in Kent, PA
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($369 - 462) in Silver Creek, NE
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - 111) in Pipestone, MN