1996 s-10 blazer 4.3 vortec. I usually park on approx.30 degree incline, front higher than rear. Never been off road ever. Last week rear broke traction put into 4wd. low made loud thud. idled up onto road,length of car. Went into neutral then 2wd hi. pulled to right after 10 or so miles so much smoke thought car was on fire,other drivers did too. Strong smell of trans fluid. Front diff low/ empty. Came out of vent tube attached to fan shroud. Did same thing next day, as I used 4wd. low to park car. just dripped off engine, no smoke/fire simulation this time. No check engine light What's wrong?
possible front diff leak on 1996 Chevrolet Blazer
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Blazer Questions
- The car starts and everything, but will shut off after driving for awile
- 1993 chevy k1500 blazer 5.7 auto. Truck shuts off when it reaches running temp
- 83 K5 washer stays on all the time when wiper on. Switch&motor already replaced?
- Running ruff, put in park steering wheel locked and key won't turn at all
- New dist cap and button gas in breather don't help Getz fire,gas hard2start@time
1996 Chevrolet Blazer Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($208 - 375) in Fort Edward, NY
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Empire, OH
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($198 - 331) in Washington, MS
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($351 - 565) in Anderson, CA
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($430 - 1,312) in Green Village, NJ
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($101 - 134) in Lakeville, NY