Reviews for Pontiac Vibe years:

Pontiac Vibe Reviews and Owner Comments

Pontiac VibeOwner Reviews (21 reviews)
  • 2010 Pontiac Vibe
    Sharrona, Harvey, IL, August 14, 2014 18:30
    I dislike this car a great deal and regret purchasing it. I researched the details of the auto and generally have made great car purchases after researching the model of my choice. (1) Chevy Nova (14 years) (1) Chevy Prism 10 years. Not so lucky with the Vibe. A horrible purchase! Will dump this car as soon as I can.
    Visitor, Poplarville, MS, January 16, 2013 09:31
    My 04 Vibe has 270,000 miles. I do have the high rpm issues on cold mornings. I have changes the breaks, belt,both oxygen sensers ( computer still says the sensers are bad) not sure about that? Driver window makes noise when going down or up.Gas milage is less. Over all low maintanence and very dependable car. AC went out on me over the summer.
    snakedancer, Staten Island, NY, October 02, 2012 19:47
    I have a power window problem, and a transmission problem with my 2004 Vibe. Power window sounds like it's about to shatter, and the transmission seeems to shift slowly and jam up, while shifting in reverse. I am stuggling to get Pontiac to authorize repairs. They will not acknowledge any responsibility, and have left me with a situation that is currently unresolved. Also, occasional rotten egg smell from the emission system. I would not buy another Pontiac Vibe.
  • 2009 Pontiac Vibe
    Visitor, Burbank, CA, January 18, 2012 13:09
    I replace a 2005 base Vibe with a 2009 GT. The suspension is far superior. The independent rear suspension corners much better. They equipped mine with On Star and XM radio from the factory. I blew a tire on a mountain road. There was no cell service up there. I reached On Star and the service truck came up and had me going in about forty-five minutes. Love our Pontiacs. We'll miss you.
    Visitor, Toronto, OH, October 24, 2011 14:23
    2004 vibe, 160,000 miles. FANTASTIC VEHICLE!!!!!! wish I wldve bought a few extra vibes...have two teens. If I had a garage I wldve had an awesome paint job still....wore a lil, from snow, rain, heat, sleet, etc. Just AWESOME!!!!!!!! Headlights are worn and need replaced....but...
    Visitor, Plattsburgh, NY, October 18, 2011 18:21
    love this car 130000 miles and i have done front brakes,turned rear drums. i have changed oil every 3000 miles and of coarse tires every 500000 or so. car is awd and rear axle seals are starting to seep. but i really wish i had bought two and put 1 away. even though i plan to see 250000 miles with this one. very happy vibe owner.
    Visitor, New Smyrna Beach, FL, May 12, 2011 14:56
    120,000 miles and still drives like new. We should have bought two. The car did go to the dealer 3 times for the apparent gas cap issue, but the problem finally went away. The passenger power window is starting to make noise when lowering, I'll probably just fix it myself. The white paint is starting to fade, but the car does sit in the Florida sun quite abit.
    Visitor, Mchenry, IL, January 01, 2011 14:03
    I purchased my wife's 03 Vibe when they first came out, after the 3yr-36k warranty (6yrs short trips 43K) the o2 sensor went out replaced & the o2 sensor behind CAT is still bad. Through the yrs at least a dozen driver side headlight bulbs, about every 3 months. Noticed engine knocking slightly checked oil level & there wasn't a drop (Missed one oil change at 3k). Added oil to no help. I replaced the main bearings and it solved the engine bearing noise. For tickles & Grins while the engine was running I unplugged the oil sensor light/sensor, then grounded it & NO OIL LIGHT CAME ON. Just for the sake of arguing the light comes on when the ignition is turned on then shuts off when the car is started.Now at 143K when driving ( Any gear) the car. Once in awhile it stutters real bad all most like taking off in 5th gear, I push the clutch in and the enginge revs no problem, release the clutch and you have to keep it floored to maintain speed, then its fine ???WTF. If I had to do it all over again I would have purchased the same car but 03 1/2 or a 2004. I think I got the first one (Bugs) off the assembly line. Don't get me wrong I like it, its easy to work on & parts are not that expensive.
  • 2007 Pontiac Vibe
    Visitor, Jackson, NJ, September 02, 2010 05:06
    AC crashed for the 2nd time in 3 months, and the third time overall. Otherwise a great car, over 127000 miles and still purring along.
  • 2005 Pontiac Vibe
    Visitor, Easton, PA, August 28, 2010 18:22
    Yo compre mi pontiac vibe 2005 , tiene 190K solo tubo un problema con un modulo de la trasmicion , esto fue cuando tenia 80K costo $500, por lo demas todo muy bien, me gusta mucho , tiene mucho espacio para su tamano , lo unico que no me gusta es que cuando pasa de mas de 115 MPH , la computadora desconecta el gas , por lo demas muy bueno..
    boogie56, Canton, OH, August 21, 2010 16:21
    Love my Vibe. Very few problems. Great gas mileage
    Visitor, Milwaukee, WI, August 03, 2010 14:11
    I bought my 2003 Vibe new. There have been 2 problems - one, no heat after it gets 20 degrees (I live in WI, need heat); and now my front wheel bearings are going, with only 77000 miles on it. Otherwise, like the car. It is a bit noisy, but not annoying to me. I like the space and how it handles. Pick up could be better.
    Visitor, Beverly Hills, CA, June 30, 2010 08:07
    Great on gas! Part 2. ok, so I lied, after writing last review, I realized I have had one bugging problem during winter, or cold morning starts. Car will rev very high. Will rev for maybe 1 min high, then while at high rev will suddenly drop back to normal idle rpms, then slowly build back up and suddenly drop back. This process repeats while car warms up. ( I used to park outdoors). During that build up when car has just dropped and is slowly climbing back up to high rev it sounds like a snow plow is comming nearby, almost like an internal scraping of some kind. Of coarse when u take car to GM it does not do it, cause car is not cold. Have left car overnight and showed up in morning to be with mechanic guy who especializes in that. They heard it, seen the rpms go high then drop suddenly down and slowly back up and so forth. (if you are sitting in car, you will feel car jolt some when it rapidly drops rpms.) and they said gm warranty would not cover any further work, as problem goes away after car has warmed up. So now my warranty is long over, and i forget during summer months how annoying this lawnmower engine can be. Still love the car. Past cars have needed a lot more maintenance and expenses compared with this one. Tune up is cheaper than most, only spark plugs, pcv valve, air filters. Once changed a fan belt. Timing chain in this car, no timing belt to do. No distributor cap.
    Visitor, Pollok, TX, June 10, 2010 10:01
    I purchased my 2003 Vibe new and have been very satisfied. It now has 218,000 miles on it and I am considering replacing with another with the same body style. The few issues I have had include AC replaced last year, catalytic converter ($750) and both back window motor went out within same week. I still love driving it and get 33-34 mpg on hwy trips with the 1.8L
    Visitor, Pittsburgh, PA, May 27, 2010 11:51
    very good, very reliable car.
  • 2006 Pontiac Vibe
    TnSparky, Chattanooga, TN, November 11, 2009 14:30
    Dome Light switch problem. Replaced. Engine pick up is lacking. Cannot use cruise control going up hill. It with go into passing gear. Evap Canistor went out at 16,000 miles. Steering problems pulls to right or left. Was told not to rotate tires, it was a tire problem. Car had less than 1,000 miles. Pontiac refused to replace tires. A/C does not cool car down as quickly as I would like. Tint in windshield is spotted and not covered in warranty. This car is more Toyota than GM. I thought I was buying a GM vehicle and I have learned that Toyota and GM engineers put a lot of Toyota parts in this car. My last 8 vehicles are GM and this is big disappointment. Gas mileage is between 28 and 32 mpg. The red interior lighting will give you a headache if you drive a lot at night. Steering is too tight and you can feel every bump in the road. I've driven this car for 3 years. It has disappointed me since the first month. It is not a typical GM product. IF all you want is a car that gets good gas mileage then this car will get you that. GM should have kept this car in its line-up and re-engineered it with GM parts and improved upon its weaknesses.
    Markthegrea, Tremont, IL, October 10, 2009 06:39
    This is my second Vibe. I needed a car to get back and forth to work. It runs great. I have no complaints about how it handles and such. I had to get the Front windows fixed (there is a free recall). Also, the fit and finish is not as nice as our 2006 Vibe. It looks like it was the first one off the assembly line. It has 110,000 miles on it, so some things, I am sure, have been abused. The hatch window does not open. All in all, a good car. Oh yea, and the car came with the roof rack complete! Apparently they saved money after 2003 and made you buy it separate.
  • 2007 Pontiac Vibe
    Chazbo, Saint Petersburg, FL, April 19, 2009 02:39
    Bought this car used from a dealer in Stuttgart, Arkansas. It was a "program car" that had been used by a rental company. It had 17,000 miles on it and was barely a year old. Great shape, great price. I live in St. Petersburg, Florida. I drive to work everyday (approx. 12 miles roundtrip) and have made a couple of return visits to Arkansas. So far, so good. No problems to report. My mechanic says plugs and transmission fluid don't need to be changed til I hit the 100,000 mark! Can't beat that. Love the way the rear seats fold flat. I ride a road bike on week-ends and it fits in the back with ease. Glad I bought this car. Probably another one in my future.
    Dmreal, Madison, WI, March 31, 2009 08:58
    I have driven this car for 140,000 miles back and forth to work 6 days a week and it still runs like new. Never any problems with anything. Gets great gas mileage and is a blast to drive.
  • 2006 Pontiac Vibe
    Markthegrea, Tremont, IL, December 13, 2008 06:35
    This is a great, reliable car for the money. We have the 1.8 litre engine and get 32-35 mpg although it doesn't have much power. A good trade for us. The only disappointment has been the lack of the roof rack cross members. GM is charging $140 for something that should have come with the car!
  • 2005 Pontiac Vibe
    Jumba, Walnut Creek, CA, October 29, 2008 08:58
    I drove the Vibe around for a month as a rental while my car was in the shop. Overall I enjoyed the vehicle which I commuted 120 miles a day in. It did seem a big weak in the power department and felt a little top heavy, so I didn't try taking any turns too fast. Besides that, it seems like a good car.