Pontiac Torrent Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Pontiac Torrent
- Rattle from front lower control arm
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- DRL Resistor May Fail
- Transmission Fault and/or Check Engine Light With Code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723
- The Check Engine Light With Code: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, and/or P0391
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Pontiac Torrent Problemslower control arm portion of the front suspension may cause a rattling noise over bumps and require replacement.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
The day time running lights (DRL) resistor may fail causing the daytime running lights to stop working. Our technicians tell us a failed resistor will require replacement.
Pontiac Torrent Questions
My drivers window all of a sudden stopped working correctly, it goes down fine but to put it up you have to hit the door and then it raises.
started in winter - heavy ice and snow. engine will slow down due to error message and states needs maintenice. some days problem will fix itself and engine light goes off. when it ice or uneven road conditions, error msg comes back on and engine power lowered. Frustrated. told at GM dealer would...
Pontiac Torrent Recalls
Certain vehicles originally sold in, or currently registered in, the states of Arkansas, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma, or Texas are being recalled because the plastic supply or return port on the fuel pump module may crack, resulting in a fuel leak. Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel pump module to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 12190.
Pontiac Torrent Reviews
Headlights could be brighter, engine is a tad underpowered, air conditioner freezes over, rear suspension hops when going over rough bumps. Nice car to drive. Expect fuel mileage from 16-18 city, and 22-25 hwy, depending on conditions.
Some road noise. Off and on stutter with electrical on the driver side window. A common problem I've found with Pontiac's. Car suspension/steering performs well over bumps and rough roads. No problems with the engine, brakes, heating/air, etc. The basic interior is sleek and easy to maintain, but does creek under rougher conditions. A good car to own.
Good fuel economy. Lots of road noise. Cheap plastics inside that creak and rattle. Premature brake wear. Engine is strong with lots of torque.