Pontiac Solstice Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Pontiac Solstice
- how do i install driver side power window switch?
- my coolant temperature gauge(digital)shows 3 dashes only and a/c wont work.
- How do I fix the rear hatch for the convertible top.
- Why does my a/c heat make a strange warbling noise when I have switch on defrost
- New Battery last wk. Now Passenger side power window and lock don't work.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Pontiac Solstice Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
The rear axle pinion seal may leak causing fluid loss and possible internal rear end damage. Replacing the faulty seal will commonly correct this concern.
Pontiac Solstice Questions
my coolant temperature gauge(digital) intermittently goes blank showing only three dashes instead of the temp. When it does this my air/heat will not work. Any idea what this is?
Driver side window and door work so cannot be a fuse problem. Could replacing battery have anything to do with this?
is there some shutdown or start up procedure particular to the solstice
Pontiac Solstice Recalls
In order to help prevent rollaway type accidents, all late model vehicles are designed so that the transmission must be in park (or reverse for a manual transmission) before the ignition switch can be turned to the "off" position and the key removed. These vehicles are being recalled because the key can be removed when the ignition is not in the "off" position, increasing the risk of a rollaway type accident. Dealers will inspect the vehicle and replace the ignition lock cylinder as necessary. 2 new keys will also be supplied and programmed as required.
These vehicles are being recalled because the weight on the key ring and/or a jarring event while driving may cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position, turning off the engine. If the key is not in the run position, the air bags may not deploy in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will replace the ignition switch to correct this concern.
Pontiac Solstice Reviews
My car is doing the exact thing as the other person reviewing the2007 solstice. As I am slowing down the brakes suddenly apply really hard scaring te crap out of me!
great little car. fun to drive and the best looking car on the road. good all around mileage even with the stick. a little more trunk space would have nailed it.........
Had this car for 45,000 Miles from the dealer. Very few problems but all covered by warranty. Very fun car to drive but not really comfy on long drives. From Vegas to LA had to take a break. Course I was 65 at the time. Friends ask " Why do guys your age drive cars like these". My answer is "Because we can".