Pontiac G6 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Pontiac G6
- Problems With Electric Power Steering System May Require Steering Column Replacement
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- Oil Leak From Front Crankshaft Seal
- Poor Terminal Contact at BCM Connectors May Cause Electrical Issues
- The Fuel Gauge May Not Read Correctly and/or Check Engine Light With Code P0455/P0461
- trans cable recall repair done now won't accelerate error message & shuts off
- My fan rattles when I turn on the AC or heat. Mechanic says idler pulley?
- Hello lets start off I have a 2006 Pontiac g6 2.4 cylinder stop running
- cant open drivers door on my g6
- I shut my car off and the power stayed on even with the key out of the ignition and now the car won't start at all. What could the problem be.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Pontiac G6 Problems
Various issues with the electric power steering system may develop and could require replacement of steering column assembly.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
Vehicles with a 3.5L or 3.9L V6 engine may develop an engine oil leak from the front crankshaft seal. Our technicians tell us a revised front crankshaft seal is available to correct this concern.
Pontiac G6 Questions
had no fuel pressure so I replaced the fuel pump the car still wouldn't start so I check for spark had full spark on all four spark plugs, I also check the injectors for pulse signal that check out ,the next step was compression full comp. One was a little low .l replace the crank sensor...
Pontiac G6 Recalls
Increased resistance in an electrical connection at the body control module (BCM) may result in voltage fluctuations in the brake pedal sensor circuit. These fluctuations can cause concerns with various systems that monitor the position of the brake pedal, any of which would increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will attach the wiring harness to the BCM with a spacer, apply dielectric lubricant to both the BCM and harness connector and the BAS and harness connector, and will reprogram the brake pedal sensor to correct these concerns.
The vehicles being recalled are equipped with an electric power steering (EPS) assist system. The EPS can fail unexpectedly while driving. If this were to occur, steering ability would be maintained but much greater effort would be necessary to steer the vehicle, especially at slow speeds. One of four remedies will be applied depending on the model and year. Parts are not yet available so expect a second notification when they are.
On vehicles equipped with a 4-speed automatic transmission, the tabs on the transmission shift cable end may fracture and separate. If this were to occur, the shift lever and the actual position of the transmission gear may not match. The driver would be able to move the shifter to "Park" and remove the ignition key, but the transmission gear may not be in "Park." The vehicle may not be able to be restarted and the vehicle could roll away after the driver has exited the vehicle, resulting in a possible crash without prior warning. Dealers will install a retainer over the cable end or replace the shift cable as necessary. The General Motors recall number 12106.
Pontiac G6 Reviews
I have my pontiac for five yrs. it has 130,000 miles on it.I have not had any issues with it. and now everything is starting to act up. my power steering has been locking up. and my drivers side window will not let down anymore. but i'm going to fix her up and keep on moving because i love my car.
+Have a 2007 Pontiac G6 and nothing but problems.Dr door is jamb shut no way of opening it,gotta crawl through to drivers seat.Then passenger outside door handle broke,while opening door,can't lock doors,if I don't forget have to leave passenger window down in order to crawl in Asked a lot of guys mach.... so forth to no avail
Recently purchased My 08' G6 4cyl for my fiance, it has been running fine although the past week we had issues 1.) The driver side rear door half the time it wont unlock. 2.) The issue started happening yesterday, While driving to work my fiance had the cruise control on (like she always does) but this time halfway to work the Service Traction Control light came on and kicked off the cruise con...