Reviews for Pontiac G3 years:

Pontiac G3 Reviews and Owner Comments

1 Review
Pontiac G3Owner Reviews (1 review)
  • 2009 Pontiac G3
    darth pontiac, Moreno Valley, CA, March 02, 2012 19:13
    I got this G3 on the CASH 4 CLUNKERS program. Base model, electric nothing! But the stereo was mp3 and aux standard, so good enough. Like most Aveo stories, the stock tires (Kumho, never again) were bald at less than 30k. At 40k, I had to replace an emission coil (drive train warrenty). Then at 58k "something" broke in the tranny; they were not clear as to what that was... had to replace the Final drive gear and rebuild the tranny (no speedo, no odo, no tacho; would not shift out of 3rd). Then at 62k... exact same symptoms. When i brought it in I was told that the radiator (somehow) leaked coolant into the transmission line... thus corrupting the entire tranny. My MAJOR GUARD service warranty expired at 60k. How convenient that the radiator wasn't at fault during the first transmission rebuild at 58k when it would have been covered. Then, I was dutifully informed that since my radiator was not covered, or part of the power train, and since it was responsible for ruining the transmission; the tranny was void of the power train warranty... final assessment -- $600 out of pocket for a new radiator, $5k oop for transmission! The only saving grace in this story is that I called GM(Pontiac) and insisted they honor my power train warranty. They sent a specialist to work something out with the Dealership. 3 weeks later (only 1 of which they decided to let me have free rental car), GM decided that they would cover all the repair costs, if I would make a $1k deductible. Now my G3 has a new tranny, good for a new 100k... and radiator. I have had it now for less than 300 miles. Its almost a month away from it I can't quite remember the performance difference. The steering definitely feels much tighter... it was much easier to turn the wheel before. It accelerates great... maybe even better than before... Definitely enough to question, that it may not be the same Japanese transmission as the original. My only other major concern re: the car over all is that it seems to eat through tires! It handles pretty well so i drive it hard through the corners. But that alone can't account for wearing the outer shoulders of the both fronts and rears leaving almost new inner shoulders could it? Could it be the very visible negative camber on the rear? For the money (less than $9k initial) not a bad car. For some reason I've always/only owned GM's... ('82 Buick Skylark, '95 Geo Storm, '02 Cavaleir, '00 Z2Blazer, '09 G3.