Pontiac Firebird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Pontiac Firebird
- where is fuel leak coming from at top of the engine.
- Why does my car stop running every time I go into a puddle of water?
- Both my windows don't go up and down properly, do I need new widow motors?
- why after rplaceing fuel pump in tank is gas pouring out of the gas tank air ven
- Car will start but dies after 1 second offs an 87 trans all 5.0 you.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Pontiac Firebird Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The head light door actuators may fail causing the head lights to become stuck in the raised or lowered position.
The roller on the window guide attached to the bottom of the window glass may break off and cause the window to come off track.
Pontiac Firebird Questions
followed fuel lines and leak apears to be coming from top back of engine but cant tell exactly
While driving my car into a puddle of water whether it is raining or not, my car stops running. I have been fortunate to steer the car coasting out of the water. It takes between 15 and 30 minutes before the car will start again
My drivers side window just all of a sudden stopped working one day and every time I tried to use it, there would be this loud grinding sound and it wouldn't move at all. The passenger side moves very slowly and often times gets stuck. I don't know if I need new motors on both or what.
Pontiac Firebird Recalls
Pontiac Firebird Reviews
I want to change the distributor cap, and can't get to it. What has to be moved in order to replace that part.
I think we need a bit more information from "natural energy"! Top fuel mileage from my V8 Bird has been in the mid 20'S. Lot's of squeeks and rattels. The drivers side window motor had to be replaced. Over all, not a bad car - better for a smaller person!
my 02 Firebird has 89k miles so far. i do the maintenance myself and have never had a problem yet. but recently i've noticed a coolant leak and think it might be the water pump gasket. unlike other owners i haven't had problems with the T-tops leaking or any mechanical damage or defect. however the electronics tend to burn out like any GM. the driverside headlight motor and window motor. also...