Reviews for Pontiac Aztek years:

Pontiac Aztek Reviews and Owner Comments

Pontiac AztekOwner Reviews (15 reviews)
    Visitor, Bessemer, PA, January 01, 2014 20:25
    I absolutely love my car. It gets great gas mileage, drives well even in the snow, and has never given me any problems. My only complaint is the spoiler on the back window that can create a visual problem, but you adjust to it. Great car. Wouldn't trade it.
  • 2002 Pontiac Aztek
    Visitor, Allen Park, MI, August 23, 2012 11:54
    Three people in neighborhood having same problems with 2002 :key wont turn off without pushing manual button on bottom of steering column,tow leveling pump runs frequently because hoses have dry rotted, repairs on wheel bearings($600 each)before 50,000 miles,(mine were replaced 3 times before aftermarket bearing took care of it,ignition switch now failing causing dash lights to go out frequently, then come back on if you tap key and have had car die out, from same, resister pack has failed repeatedly on blower motor control and none of us have air conditioning, mine failed after 2 years.(soldered higher wattage resisters to board to keep them from burning out).
    Visitor, Ocala, FL, July 30, 2012 14:13
    I love my Aztek! It just turned over 100,000 miles, and has been a great vehicle, never had any trouble with it. Camping in it is a blast!!I love the built in air generator in the rear and the rear stereo system! I buy it again!
  • 2005 Pontiac Aztek
    Visitor, San Diego, CA, April 14, 2012 20:24
    Just turned 92,000 miles and my baby still gets perfect smog readings, 20 MPG in the city, and is the best car I have ever had (been driving since 1968). If they were still making them, I would have bought another one last year, when we bought another new car. I still consider my 7+ year old car my #1 vehicle, have put less than 3000 miles on the new SUV. Those of who never bought one don't know what you are missing!
    KayWilliams, Wadley, GA, March 27, 2012 09:50
    I own a 2004 Pontiac Aztec. I love the body and inside design. However!!, I have had the most electrical and ignition problems. I can not read the odometer, radio settings nor does the gear shift light works. I have been told that a new fuse will not fix the problem but that someone will have to go behinde the panel to fix the problem. The motor in the window stopped working and the window will not let down. Also, I have had the ignition switched replaced twice (2009 & 2012) and the stearing colume has been replaced once, with the first ignition replacement. The key sticks and the last time the ignition switch was replaced because the car would not turn off. Although, I have a new switch and key, the key still sticks!! And yeah, at times it is difficult to put the gear in reverse,OMG, not the transmission. How can I fix the lights and what may be the cause of the other problems?
    buddapest2001, Antioch, TN, December 10, 2011 18:58
    i have a 2003 pontiac aztek and it is a ocean blue... i love my truck... it mine its paid for.. the person be fore me didnt take care of it so i have to now put some money into it but it is great truck.
    LoStNeEdHeLp, Port Charlotte, FL, August 13, 2011 21:12
    THE BODY IS KOOL LOOKING EVERYONE KNOWS ITS ME COMING DOWN THE ROAD I AM THE 2ND OWNER TO MY AZTEKAND THE BRAKES ARE PRETTY GOOD I SEEN THE PAPERS AND THE MAN TOOK GOOG CARE OF THEM I HAVE HAD IT FOR A YEAR ITS A 01 AND IT HAD 106,000 MILES NOW 160,000 ARE ON IT OVER ALL ITS GOOD ON GAS AND EVEYTHING ELSE IS GOOD BUT THE TRANY THE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS ARE BAD IM TRYING TO FIX THEM NOW THE TRANNY BUCKS THE AIR IS BETTER NOW THAT I FOUND OUT IT HAS AC FILTERS AND THE DASH GAGES ARE ALL BROKE IM TRYING TO FIX IT IF ANY ONE CAN HELP PLEASE LET ME NO I LOVE MY AZTEK I WOULDNT TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING
    delilarose, Bangor, ME, May 18, 2011 15:12
    I bought my 2001 Aztek in March 2009 and I like it alot. It now has 146,000 miles-when I bought it, it had less than 100,000 and had one owner and was well maintained. I have tried to keep it well maintained myself and have had to replace the brakes and the tires but nothing major. One thing I have just started to notice is the transmission is acting funny, being an automatic it feels like it is slipping and having a hard time getting into gear. I hope my transmission is not going! People love the weird shape of the vehicle and always want to look at it or drive it.
    Visitor, Transfer, PA, April 28, 2011 05:30
    Purchased new and have over 160k. Overall, has performed very well with minimal maintenance cost.
    Visitor, Odenton, MD, April 12, 2011 18:23
    2004 Pontiac Aztec, everyone laughed at the shape...My kids called it the geometrical object. I have 212,122 miles on it and not that many problems. I have put brake pads on about 5 times. It's good in all weather. Condensation gets in headlamps have replaced 2 or 3. It's security system locked me out due to a blown fuse and had to be towed to the nearest dealer-my radio said that the vehicle had been locked. The alternator was replaced while on warranty I have been on this site to see if any one has had a transmission problem?.
  • 2002 Pontiac Aztek
    Visitor, Madison Heights, MI, July 07, 2010 20:41
    Goes through brake pads every 20k and excessive and uneven rotor wear. Replaced right wheel bearing at 30k and 60k and the left at 45k. Blower resistor pack blown at 40k. Power steering hose leak at 60k. Engine and trans seems okay, though, but their are definitely systemic problems with brake, wheel bearing and blower resistor design... which is what most Aztek owners are saying. Otherwise, nice size vehicle with generous truck for the money... and I like the styling as well.
    Visitor, Eagle Pass, TX, April 28, 2010 14:00
    Love the interior and drives great. Exterior looks funky to some people. I'm okay with it.
    trontrontron, Salt Lake City, UT, April 19, 2009 22:04
    This van was purchased brand new. It has low miles. The non stop problem with the electrical module which runs the back hatch is annoying. The back hatch should be able to be manually opened if the electrical system fails. Part number to rear suspension has failed and is unable to be replaced with after market - 18060685, 18060684 bushing that is inside the knuckle. Any suggestions would be wonderful. utahoilhand@yahoo.com
    Barb and Tom, Plainwell, MI, April 08, 2009 15:24
    We have a 2001 black Aztek and yes some may think its a little funky looking ( I was one of those people too) but we love it. Its got a lot of room inside, handles nicely and rides great and is really comfortable on long trips. Had some minor issues but nothing too big. All in all we love the Aztek.
  • 2005 Pontiac Aztek
    SwampAggie, Little Elm, TX, October 09, 2008 05:11
    We love the interior of this car. It is very spacious on the inside and has a lot of cargo room. We have put almost 40,000 miles on the car at this point and have not had a single problem.