Reviews for Plymouth Grand Voyager years:

Plymouth Grand Voyager Reviews and Owner Comments

Plymouth Grand VoyagerOwner Reviews (17 reviews)
    Visitor, Denver, CO, December 27, 2013 16:28
    Doris --- My 95 Plymouth Grand Voyager AWD All Wheel Drive now has 105K miles. Required a new transfer case and rear drive just recently. Transfer case to drive the rear wheels new from dealer is 2800 bucks Found one in Maine, shipped to New Orleans. Rear drive shaft found in Ohio and shipped to New Orleans. While waiting for parts, drove around for 2 weeks just using the front wheels. After repair was able to drive back home to colorado. Apparently the AWD 95 Grand Voyager is a rare bird and the parts are hard to find. Doris has been a good van. Have used it for lots of pulling large evergreen bushes out of the ground using rope rigging connected to two points on the rear beams. Never has been stuck in the snow. Drives like an Abrams m1a1 tank. I'll always want to drive an AWD minivan. Hope i can fix these loose accelerator cables to the throttle. Happy 2014 to you all.
    Visitor, Baton Rouge, LA, March 12, 2013 09:22
    When this vehicle was purchased used in 2001, the Check Engine light kept coming on and the side door alarm would sound when door was fully closed and locked. The dealership we purchased it from replaced the side door sensor, and said the Check Engine light was just part of the deal - there was nothing wrong with the engine. After about a year and a half the paint started to bubble and peel. My van is currently rusting out on the roof, and the hood and side panels are starting to show signs of rust. The paint is almost gone on the hood and completely gone on the roof. During the years of driving this vehicle, I have seen many vans with the same paint color (a navy blue) that showed the same condition my van showed. Now I am experiencing a major leak in my power steering system - having to refill the reservoir every other day because the fluid has leaked out. My air conditioning started leaking super cold fluid at the end of last summer, and now I have NO air conditioner which is not good in Louisiana. "Big Blue" as I like to call her has approximately 169,000 miles on her. I have replaced the fuel pump (a major pain in the butt) twice, and it is looking like I am getting the same kind of hesitation indicating my fuel pump is not working properly. All in all she has been a good van, but I am really unhappy with the major problems I am having. Oh, by the way - the Check Engine light still comes on. I've had a Transmission Expert look at it and my engine showed no signs of shavings or excessive wear in the transmission.
  • 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager
    3.3, Hanford, CA, December 19, 2012 18:10
    Have my voyager le since it had 18 miles on it noow it has 240000 miles replaced motor 10mil probly give it away to charity .All power still works windows steering never replaced.
  • 1991 Plymouth Grand Voyager
    robertr480, Dover, NC, November 03, 2012 11:15
    1991 grand voyager se, bucking and kicking and speedometer flops back and forth.... Just replaced the feul pump but did not fix the problem, anyone else have this problem, or does anyone know what is wrong with it?? If You know whats wrong with it email me please at robert_richard2003@yahoo.com
    Visitor, Portland, OR, October 31, 2012 14:49
    The Oregon driver with the 1999 Grand Voyager Espresso 3.3L, now with 268,000 miles. Starting to show some age: 1. Transmission shifts even when I back off the accelerator and "bumps" from 2nd into 3rd. Wish there was a software/firmware upgrade for older transmissions. Original still on van. 2. Rear wing motors out. 3. Ventilation blower works intermittently. Very odd. But what can I expect? Has far surpassed my expectations and shows no signs to giving out. Amazing.
  • 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager
    19les62, Louisville, KY, April 24, 2012 15:17
    The rear wiper kept blowing a fuse. I took the rear wiper motor apart, found nothing wrong. I then took the gear box apart. To do this I had to grind off the rivets to get the gear box apart. I found it was sticking for lack of grease. Repacked the gear box, drilled holes where the rivets were and put screws in. The rear wiper now works, and does not keep blowing the fuse.
    Visitor, New Britain, CT, July 09, 2011 10:09
    leak the coolant in front and center of the driver area
    Visitor, Cedar Falls, IA, April 21, 2011 12:14
    It takes forever to to warm up in and Iowa winter. Cooling is fine.
  • 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager
    Visitor, Grand Rapids, MI, February 11, 2011 15:51
    I have 355,265 miles on this van. I tried to sell it a few years ago but had no serious offers. since then I have used this old van to haul cars around the country and to haul my boat to the local lakes. The only engine work (besides tune ups) has been a couple water pumps. the transmission has been replaced twice with factory rebuilds. Everything on the van still works as designed. This has been the best van I have owned. The other vans i have are a 1996 town and country (I rank this second because it only has 249,000 miles) and a 2002 Grand Caravan (a puppy at 161,000 miles).
    Visitor, Belleville, IL, January 05, 2011 12:10
    i am a mech. best i have owned have a honda 03 i also own. ply. twice the van ply mi. 167000 honda 73000 ply ride and drive 2' 3 times better
  • 1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager
    boxer67, Philadelphia, PA, October 04, 2010 09:35
    Hanging on after thousands of dollars of repairs. It's still running with over 200,000 miles. Other than the fuel pump, brakes and basic wear and tear on the vehicle....I didn't start having any major problems until about 3 years ago. It "starts" on the 1st key turn and I have NO CAR PAYMENT!!! All in all, the Voyager is OK.
  • 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager
    Visitor, Fredericksburg, VA, August 25, 2010 17:40
    Weak Transmission
    fkraemer, Stoughton, WI, June 17, 2010 16:31
    I have 2 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyagers, twins and both have over 160,000 miles with relatively no engine problems at all. The higher mileage van has almost 240,000 miles on it and still runs great. I have issues with the a/c units but then they don't last forever do they. After 13 years I started to have electrical problems with the door locks on the higher mileage van and both of them have front wiper issues. They will come on by themselves, the intermittant functions do not work properly and other "stuff". I had the transmission replaced under warranty at about 60,000 miles and have had 180,000 miles of trouble free service from the replacement. I just changed the filter and fluid on both and they look fine. I broke a front axle on the lower mileage unit this summer and it cost less than $100 to repair by my "friendly backyard mechanic". The door gaskets are tearing now but there are no noises yet, the windows seal well with no air or rain leaks. Both back windows operate flawlessly still. The higher mileage van has some issues with the side doors opening and unlocking that have not been addressed yet. I have an exhaust leak on the lower mileage van and the catalytic converter has failed on the higher mileage van. I have not repaired either yet so I have no idea of the costs but assume them to be usual.
    Visitor, Alcalde, NM, April 20, 2010 19:42
    The clock ring is bad now I found out that there was a recall. I called dealer and they said yes. They want to look and correct prob.They did a great job. I love my van.Next van will be a Town & Country
    Visitor, Garland, TX, April 04, 2010 00:52
    lost transmission by not using ATF-3, use mopar when possible...
    Tammylou, Clinton, IA, April 08, 2009 16:22
    had for 3 years. rebuilt trans new half shaft also new brakes ,lines ,master cylinder ,battery twice,, starter. electric locks quit working also electric windows just crawl down to close push button anduse other hand to pull up. left tie rod. right turn signal died .when it rains brake lights flash when parked sometimes wippers come on when you start. etc. etc but runs great.....
  • 1994 Plymouth Grand Voyager
    WereNomads, Walnut Creek, CA, August 26, 2008 14:41
    Inherited this van from a family member. It was already on its third transmission when I got it, and now the transmission is not doing well. Engine is fine if not very durable. Seems to be a bad combination.