Reviews for Plymouth Acclaim years:

Plymouth Acclaim Reviews and Owner Comments

Plymouth AcclaimOwner Reviews (7 reviews)
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, March 09, 2014 19:54
    front end popping noise don't know if it ball joint are sturt
  • 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
    Willswaybest, Rockford, IL, December 23, 2012 12:40
    I bought this car with 30,000 miles on it. Ran fine until the Head gasket blew. Replaced and ran fine until the timing belt broke at 135,000. Replaced and ran fine until 244,000 and the water pump locked up and broke the belt. It never used a quart of oil between changes and always got 20+ mpg. Well, my problems started when I had a well rate shop replace the pump and belt. The mechanic showed me a little oil from the head gasket, and some minor drips from the cam shaft gaskets. I resisted his efforts to add $1500 to the repairs, as $700 was all I wanted to put in it. He told me it would use oil, but the engine never did. I got it back, and went about 25 miles, and got an oil light. I thought he might have not put enoigh in the engine. Adding 4 quarts brought the dipstick up, and I started home. Before I got there, the oil light again, so I added a couple of quarts, and went back to the shop. I was told the he informed me "that it would use oil." I looked under the car, and could see a 1/8" stream of oil coming out. I would like to know which bolt he put in the wrong place, or which one he left out! I had to junk the car for $200, and buy a 1995 Acclaim. I had to put a new water pump in it, and changed the belt, too. It still has the first quart of oil used. Yes I am ticked, but it won't do me any good. Caveat Emptor! He won't get any more work from me or anyone who will listen.
  • 1990 Plymouth Acclaim
    Visitor, Berkley, MA, January 18, 2011 01:10
    I bought my plymouth acclaim second hand from a friend of my dads, for an older car, it runs pretty great. My only complaint is it's electrics. I find myself replacing fuses every couple of months, while they arent expensive or hard to replace, it is annoying when your wipers stop working, or when your radio stops, break lights, headlights, etc. For an old car, its a great one. It's not much to look at, but its easy on your pocket in terms of gas and oil. Maybe it's just my car, but i always find myself needing new fuses. So just keep a few in your glove box and just fix them when they go and toss the old ones. Cheers!
    wbelisle, Kennett, MO, July 14, 2010 02:07
    This car was bought when it had 35m on it, now has 162m on it! It's been a very dependable car. Great on gas mileage. Parts have been hard to find here lately, but I really don't need to replace alot of items.. just added some driving lights under the bumper..really helps. Only real problems has been the AC pump squeaking when turned on and here lately when it gets hot outside, it shuts down on me... trying resolve it now! 7-10-10 Just got back from a road trip. Since filling up, had gone 107 miles. Then the oil light flickers and then the engine sputters on me, then dies. I disconnected the + terminal and then replaced it. Then it started up again, but down the block dies on me... it's garaged now. 7-14-2010 I've not run the car too much here lately. Now, when I start it up, the engine races on me. When I go down the road, the car idles at 20 mph..
  • 1994 Plymouth Acclaim
    Visitor, Franklin Square, NY, May 20, 2010 11:36
    i bought this car because it had mileage of 20071 for a 1994. even though the paint was faded and very minor rust, i bought it anyway because of the low mileage off craigslist. right when i bought it the radiator was spraying coolant so changed that right away. changed thermostat. overall though the engine is strong for a 4 cylinder fuel injection and i don't have problems with it. its a gas efficient car and its nice to find one like i did with a clean interior. keep the interior out of the sun with the sun shade if you care to take care of it. hopefully nothing else goes bad on the car.
  • 1990 Plymouth Acclaim
    kustome, Saint Louis, MO, October 09, 2009 16:51
    Awesome car that just keeps on running - forever. Best gas mileage in any car I've ever owned. It passes gas stations ALWAYS! The heater blows heat in 5 minutes and you'll think you're in Egypt with pyramids and sand dunes. Engine is reliable, little to no maintenance with regular oil changes since 1990. Its 09 and still have original brake parts - can't wear this thing out.
    iglooman1988, Anchorage, AK, August 23, 2009 16:22
    Over all good vehicle. Lots of power. With good fuel mileage. What more can you ask for? Has a very basic, but comfy and roomy interior. The 3 speed automatic tranny with lock up torque converter is awsome. Very nice power bands throughout all gears and drives effortlessly on the highway.