My car shut down on me on the interstate one night there was no sounds at all coming from the car and I was told that the alternator may be bad. It was tested and found to be bad and had also killed a couple cells in my battery, which also had to be replaced. After repairs, the car developed this loud knocking sound in the engine. And plumes of white smoke and exhaust poured from the tailpipe. Has the car thrown a rod? And if so, what are my least pricey options for repairs?
Plumes of white smoke and engine either knocking or rattling. on 1998 Nissan Altima
Asked by for the 1998 Nissan Altima
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Altima Questions
- Front end shaky at highway speed, tires balanced recently,not a smooth ride
- how much is it to fix a push to start issue on a 2009 nissan altima
- Can’t shut off 1998 Nissan Altima’s alarm
- Engine cranks but will not start. Fob battery good.
- BLUE SMOKE WHEN I TURN IT ON. COULD BE A PISTON RING? HOW MUCH TO REPAIR?
1998 Nissan Altima Estimates
- Spark Plug Replacement ($118 - 161) in Mission Viejo, CA
- Glow Plug Replacement ($240 - 327) in Effingham, IL
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($134 - 188) in Wellesley, MA
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($176 - 221) in Warrens, WI
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($155 - 189) in Lambertville, MI
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($61 - 132) in Hutto, TX