Please help with this problem on 2002 Mitsubishi Galant

I have an 2002 Mitsubishi Galant and it starts up but it will not stay started.It looses power. I got the brand new alternator i needed and the brand new battery and it's still not staying on.I took them out and got them tested again and that's not the problem. THe car just cuts off.(No noises,no shaking) What's the problem?

by in Detroit, MI on November 29, 2009
3 answers
ANSWER by on November 30, 2009
There's no easy answer to this question, it requires a hands on diagnosis to determine why the engine is stalling.
ANSWER by on June 19, 2011
I would unplug the mass air flow sensor located on the air snorkle next to the air box and see if it stays running. the mass air flow sensor may not be metering the air to the engine computer so your engine computer may be giving your engine too much fuel or too little. By unpluging the mass air flow sensor this will trick the engine computer to run on a predetermened fuel trim set by the manufacture. If your engine stays idleing and has more power I would test this part.
ANSWER by on October 09, 2013
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i have a 2001 galant with the 2.4 i just bought i noticed the o2 sensor was unpluged so i pluged it up and went to leave, i put in gear to go put all the car did was reved up and wouldnt drive in a...
My Mitsubishi galant rear light constant on event I did not turn key. I pull out all fuses but the light still on. What happened?
i just bought my 2002 mitsubishi galant for 850.00 the man said the only thing it needs is a wheel bearing. I havnt noticed many problems with it but i dont kno much about cars and i just got it ye...
I have a 2004 galant that i recently repaired from a front end collision. The car runs fine but the abs light is on and the brakes make a funny, but deep, whining noise. Is the pump bad? Is this a ...