I have spent over $1000 chasing this BAS light issue.. I had about 6 brake switch lights & 1 brake booster replaced ...The benz dealership told me it was the Brake light issue & replaced it..Light came on again & I brought it back & told me light was faulty & replaced it free..Light came on again & i brought it back & was told me they will have to charge me to dig deeper into issue & said its still the brake light..Light came on again & I took car to another certified benz tech (no charge) & was told diagnostic codes are still reading brake light & to take it back to benz & I did to only be told that if the codes comes back different I will be charged & they(benz dealership) are the only ones with correct codes.. I was again charged & was then told we will replace the brake light switch again but it now MAY be your brake valcum pump at around $2000.00.. I asked them are you sure and was told if the light comes on again then yes... I took my car back to the authorized benz tech and he did some research & was told via a friend at a dealership that some new brake codes came out for switch light.. He switched it out and for about 4mos no BAS light but it's BACK again.. Anyone have a clue what the issue is or how to solve it without breaking my bank ?? Thanks a bunch
Please help with chasing BAS light issue... on 2001 Mercedes-Benz C320
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz C320 Questions
- The RPM seems to go higher (close to red) and seems not to go to the next gear?
- Battery dies ,pulled fuses for power seats and battery still drains.
- Why is the the steering locking up, and jerking the auto off the road?
- if you open the driver door to my left side of dash . Also trunk left sids
- cooling fan ris on all the time
2001 Mercedes-Benz C320 Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($451 - 580) in Conger, MN
- Oil and Filter Change ($74 - 140) in Dobbins, CA
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($98 - 127) in French Village, MO
- Steering Gearbox Replacement ($949 - 2,789) in Stanley, WI
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($925 - 1,035) in Mount Cory, OH
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($750 - 1,924) in Lewisville, NC