Car Problem Reports

11 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2005, 2006, 2007

Drive Train Affected: 2WD

Average Mileage: 88,484 mi (20,000 mi - 141,000 mi)

Verified

If you experience rough shift and/or shuddering during gear shifting, software updates to the powertrain control and transmission control modules (PCM and TCM) are available which may address these problems. On higher mileage vehicles, a mechanical failure may exhibit similar symptoms. Proper diagnoses should be performed before any repairs or software upgrades are attempted.

•  Rookie

It appears that car does not shift into high gear from takeoff.

• Visitor, , 20,000 mi

This will happen from time to time but it occures more often in cold weather...takes a second too long to shift. usualy goingf from 1st. to 2nd.

• Visitor, , 119,000 mi

Not smooth transition from 1st to 2nd gear. Car "bucks".

• Visitor, , 85,000 mi

automatic transmission. rpms climb way high before shifting into second I had to let off of the throttle rpms dropped then tranny shifted. Weather was cold. Later that day it seemed to drive across town fine picked up my son turn car back on and immediately died like I turned the key back.this happened twice so the third time I gave it generous throttle it then idled fine and shifted home fine.I'm on earlier I also have the car die on me while I was driving while adjusting the foot pedels using switch on driver seat.
    I did about 5 minutes of research and found there are a lot of software updates available for my magnum that are supposed to solve a variety of electrical problems from flashing dash lights to irregular transmission shifting.

• Visitor, , 92,000 mi

pcm/tcm problems.. auto repair states 950 to 1000 dollars to repair. Is that correct.

• Visitor, , 2WD, 55,567 mi