overheating problem on 1995 GMC Jimmy

what would cause my 1995 jimmy to overheat and cool down while im driving it down the road or if its just running? i just replaced the waterpump and themostat and it still keeps doing it. It is not the clutch fan either. I hooked a scanner up to it while it was running and the coolant temp on scanner was way cooler of a reading then the reading i was getting on temp gauge in the vehicle.I replaced the temp sending unit too.

by in Garwin, IA on June 19, 2010
1 answer
ANSWER by on June 19, 2010
I would consider getting a replacement gage. Some times it it is better to install an aftermarket gage they can be more accurete than factory. there are a number neat options on the market. good luck gmd
I have replaced the radiator on my 1998 JMC Jimmy and continue to gave problems with the car overheating. I have also replaced the thermostat several times. The gauge fluctuates back and forth.
This just happened to me today. I have a 2001 GMC JIMMY that has 116,000 miles on it. I wsa driving on highway and tried to quickly accelerate by punching the gas. Just after this the car started s...
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window mot...
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.