overheating problem on 1995 GMC Jimmy

what would cause my 1995 jimmy to overheat and cool down while im driving it down the road or if its just running? i just replaced the waterpump and themostat and it still keeps doing it. It is not the clutch fan either. I hooked a scanner up to it while it was running and the coolant temp on scanner was way cooler of a reading then the reading i was getting on temp gauge in the vehicle.I replaced the temp sending unit too.

by in Garwin, IA on June 19, 2010
1 answer
ANSWER by on June 19, 2010
I would consider getting a replacement gage. Some times it it is better to install an aftermarket gage they can be more accurete than factory. there are a number neat options on the market. good luck gmd
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
I have replaced the radiator on my 1998 JMC Jimmy and continue to gave problems with the car overheating. I have also replaced the thermostat several times. The gauge fluctuates back and forth.
This just happened to me today. I have a 2001 GMC JIMMY that has 116,000 miles on it. I wsa driving on highway and tried to quickly accelerate by punching the gas. Just after this the car started s...
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window mot...
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
The heater core under the right side of the dashboard may leak engine coolant which can puddle on the passenger front floor. The loss of coolant may cause an engine overheating condition. Our tech...