Replaced thermostat and still overheating. Water pump is not leaking. Get no heat in the cabin from the heater. Get DTC code 1709 pnp switch. both high and low on radiator fan function, but only while the vehicle is running. Used to run after vehicle is shut off.
Overheating on 1997 Ford Contour
Asked by Visitor for the 1997 Ford Contour
4 answersFebruary 28, 2009
1 answerMay 13, 2010
1 answerDecember 04, 2010
1 answerMay 10, 2011
2 answersOctober 27, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Contour Questions
- What causes my 95 v6 ford contour to (hum) when I start it it last for 10 sec...
- Coolant fan fuse #2 60a keeps blowing
- when I turn the key to start car key turns instrument panel lights on that's it
- Replaced fuel pump ecm and fuel pump regulator but it won't start. Checked fuses seems there are good. Car sat two yes fuel filter maybe? If ground not solid from ecm will that prevent starting?
- have a contour that is chugging and lurching have changed fuel filter and pump along with plugs and wires ran for two weeks and now won't crank