I am overheating. I have put in water and it still overheats. I see no water pour out when I add water. Is this the themostat or possibly a sensor?
Overheating on 1996 Subaru Legacy
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ryans93 ,
February 16, 2011
Start with the easy and cheap things and replace the thermostat. Make sure it is a genuine Subaru part from your dealer however, that is very important. Next consider maybe a radiator that is plugged, or possibly your water pump. Start with the easiest parts then gradually move up and diagnose it.
1 answerFebruary 22, 2011
1 answerApril 15, 2011
1 answerMay 17, 2011
0 answersMay 09, 2015
2 answersAugust 27, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Legacy Questions
- how can I get the album cover to display on Sirius? I tried using the settings.
- Need front differential rebuilt or replaced looking at cost for the repair.
- Replaced spark plugs,air filter,fuel filter,fuel pump.car still wont start & run
- car feels like it's fish tailing all the time not only on bad wheather what isit
- wht would cause it to not start if it crank nd hit nd is getin fuel nd has spark
1996 Subaru Legacy Estimates
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($317 - 386) in Saint Francis, SD
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Apopka, FL
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($252 - 504) in Milan, MI
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Westwego, LA
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($228 - 289) in Prospect Harbor, ME
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($44 - 111) in Yorktown, VA