My car is overheating or is it? Driving down the highway the temperature gauge went from normal to all the way to the top in less then 30 seconds. The coolant light went on and the car went into shutdown mode. My car was running erratic. After reading the manual this is normal when the coolant light goes on (engine safeguard). My coolant is fine. I have no leaks. What could it be? When the car cools off it runs fine.
OVERHEATING ? on 2006 Ford Explorer
BEST ANSWER by user91328 ,
June 01, 2010
if the coolant is good, then there is a circulation problem. possibly the thermostat or clogged radiator. from the sounds of it, you are driving it which means you may have done internal damage from the overheating. have it checked at a shop for the problem and resolution.
2 answersApril 10, 2010
1 answerMarch 27, 2009
1 answerFebruary 22, 2011
2 answersJune 15, 2012
1 answerJanuary 23, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- i have no power to the heat and air control module no display no blower fan
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
2006 Ford Explorer Estimates
- 120,000 Mile Service ($254 - 364) in Hiram, OH
- 95,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Corn, OK
- EGR Valve Replacement ($175 - 274) in Rockville, MD
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($351 - 545) in Sarles, ND
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($889 - 1,517) in Helena, GA
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($131 - 599) in Burlington, ND