my truck will not shift into overdrive. i have replaced the tps sensor, valve body, and have went threw the whole transmission. the clutches have all been replaced. the spring in the overdrive unit has plenty of tension on it also. if i shift the truck into nuetral at around 55mph and then back to drive to try and get the overdrive to engage it has a bad miss for about 10 seconds then it runs fine. still wont go into overdrive. it has gone into overdrive about 3 or 4 times since the transmission was rebuilt about a month ago. when it does go into overdrive the overdrive button on the gear shift will actually work and kick it in and out of overdrive. Then the next time you drive it the overdrive will not work again. I have also pressure tested the transmission it has about 38 pounds of pressure, in drive at 55mph.
overdrive problem on a 2001 dodge ram 1500 on 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
0 answersOctober 05, 2015
1 answerMarch 05, 2011
1 answerJuly 08, 2010
1 answerFebruary 08, 2011
0 answersMay 29, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- Turns over but doesn't start on first try and getting worse.
- How much do I have to drive the car for the drive cycle?
- I have a 98 ram 1500 and seems to lack power but not missing or bogging rpm will
- How to diagnose and repair a p0441 obdll code that goes on and off
- I have a 02 dodge ram 4.7. Gauges won't light up. Crank no start.
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($424 - $596) in Colchester, CT
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($409 - $514) in Fancy Farm, KY
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($179 - $243) in Delaware, OK
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($225 - $329) in Gile, WI
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($396 - $426) in Mc Arthur, OH
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($264 - $282) in Bucklin, MO