my truck will not shift into overdrive. i have replaced the tps sensor, valve body, and have went threw the whole transmission. the clutches have all been replaced. the spring in the overdrive unit has plenty of tension on it also. if i shift the truck into nuetral at around 55mph and then back to drive to try and get the overdrive to engage it has a bad miss for about 10 seconds then it runs fine. still wont go into overdrive. it has gone into overdrive about 3 or 4 times since the transmission was rebuilt about a month ago. when it does go into overdrive the overdrive button on the gear shift will actually work and kick it in and out of overdrive. Then the next time you drive it the overdrive will not work again. I have also pressure tested the transmission it has about 38 pounds of pressure, in drive at 55mph.
overdrive problem on a 2001 dodge ram 1500 on 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
BEST ANSWER by Johnny Mopar ,
November 11, 2010
Your OD Solenoid may be the problem, When you shift into Neutral, the revlimiter may be engaging causing the misfire because the fuel and ignition are momentarily shut off by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
1 answer 1 comment
1 answerFebruary 08, 2011
0 answersOctober 05, 2015
1 answerMarch 05, 2011
1 answerJuly 08, 2010
0 answersMay 29, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- How to get my truck to crank it turns over but won't start I've try all I know
- Engine shaking and white smoke coming from muffler , what could cause this ?
- it runs until it gets hot then it dies and if let it sit for a while it starts
- When the heater is on and I switch from vent to defroster AC pump comes on is This normal?
- were does the long bolts go on the waterpump.