Overdrive light flashes and shop said I need a trans converter drives fine and shifts good
overdrive light flashes on 1995 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Russ ,
January 30, 2009
A flashing overdrive light usually means there is a fault with the torque converter system. The shop may be correct and you will not "feel" anything is wrong. When a torque converter not working at all you may not "feel" a thing. If you don't trust the diagnoses of the first shop try getting a second opinion.
2 answersOctober 05, 2010
2 answersMarch 05, 2011
1 answerJanuary 18, 2013
1 answerDecember 08, 2010
2 answersJuly 27, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- i have no power to the heat and air control module no display no blower fan
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
1995 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($279 - 549) in Joliet, MT
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Cash, AR
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Dayton, VA
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($93 - 150) in Siloam Springs, AR
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($474 - 513) in Carpio, ND
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($200 - 521) in Genesee, MI