Within the last 4 years about 5 times I've had the O/D (transmission) light come on while driving and the car wouldn't get out of second gear. NO check engine light. Pulled over, shut if off restarted - light goes out, transmission works. Any idea what I should be looking at to fix this? Local mechanic and transmission shop are clueless.
One under the friver's side dash, one in the engine compartment on 2002 Mazda Protege
Asked by for the 2002 Mazda Protege
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- What is causing a buzzing noise? When windows are rolled up and head lights used
- Where is my file pump relay switch located.
- What size is the drivers side window 2003.Mazda protege ls
- We hat els would make it not drive when it feels like the clutch but not?
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
2002 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($57 - $111) in Thayer, IN
- Radiator Replacement ($515 - $686) in Stockport, IA
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($401 - $547) in Sacramento, NM
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($742 - $1,587) in Mountain City, NV
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($122 - $208) in Blooming Prairie, MN
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($431 - $465) in Oakland, OR