Oldsmobile Regency Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Oldsmobile Regency
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Transmission Pressure Control Solenoid Failure May Cause Erratic Shifting
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- Loss of power steering fluid from steering rack failure
- ABS light due to pressure modulator valve assembly failure
Oldsmobile Regency Problems
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) temperature and/or air delivery mode door actuator may fail, resulting in improper temperature or air delivery. If this occurs, fault code(s) should be stored in the HVAC control module which should assist in diagnoses.
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
Oldsmobile Regency Questions
car flutters and does not run smoothly especially when driving slow or idling...would it be the oxygen sensor?
gallon of gas a day
It happens more when car has been driven over 5 miles.
Oldsmobile Regency Reviews
I've had my 98' regency brougham for about a year and it's the best car i've ever had, granted the others were beaters. the engine is a 3800 and it just glides when it gets up to speed. the interior is great if well taken care of except no cup holders but plenty of space for a middle console thing. The electrical has some problems but mainly because there's so much of it, the seats adjust elect...