Reviews for Oldsmobile Intrigue years:

Oldsmobile Intrigue Reviews and Owner Comments

Oldsmobile IntrigueOwner Reviews (19 reviews)
    pattiwak, Baldwin Park, CA, June 12, 2014 14:12
    I,personally, love this car. It's old and many little things keep having problems. But,what 1998 doesn't. I like the body style, and we've driven the heck out of it, and it just keeps going with minimal upkeep.
    Visitor, El Paso, TX, December 15, 2013 14:38
    The windows just fell right in the door 3 times. The motor went out in the first one and the second two the motor works but the window simply dropped . Tons of other people recorded up to 3 windows dropping as well. GM would not honor it with any recalls . If you buy one of these get ready for windows to drop randomly while your driving and the window motors are around 400 plus labor if you have a bad window motor too which these are notorious for
    Visitor, Bokchito, OK, February 17, 2013 19:31
    i had a 2000 olds intrigue but i totaled it out im trying to find out if they had a default in the seat belts cause me nor my brother in laws locked in the only one that did was my wifes and thank god for that cause she is 18 weeks pregnant but me n my bro in law got busted up pretty bad but other than the seat belt issue i loved the car had good hp and int and ext but the seat belts are faulty.....?????
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, April 14, 2012 12:32
    It's my neighbors car, a 2000 intrigue, the battery keeps going dead, I pulled fuses and found it was the cluster,data,radio circut, any ideas what part needs to be changed to get this fixed for her? she is on a fixed income and I need to get it right the first time.
    Visitor, Zeeland, MI, February 28, 2012 12:50
    the car has automatic lights but they go out and i hear a click under the dash then the heater goes out if i let it set overnite it will work again
    Visitor, Nine Mile Falls, WA, November 15, 2011 09:05
    I own an 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue 3.8L. It has 260K miles on it and its still kicking! No major repairs have been necessary. Changing the oil every 3,000 miles has gone a long way. The engine is slowly losing compression however. The only complaint I would have would be the turn signal lights. The lights go bad every 3 months and after replacing the sockets, they still go bad. Has been a great car overall
    Visitor, Carthage, TN, August 22, 2011 18:39
    well i found this car on cregslist for sale so i traded my truck for it. i havent driven it yet put a new battery in it it will go dead as door nail he replaced the key switch still draines battery dead o sorry it is a 1999 olds intrigue 3.8 v 6 eng . the left passenger door glass slides down it is power by the way. it reminds me of some kind of a bad car prodject gone bad. some people say it is the body modgel draining the battery i dont know do you help
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, May 14, 2011 23:57
    I bought my 1999 intrigue with 100k on it 2 years ago and the stupid thing has had more repairs done and has been in the mechanics shop more times than I can count!!! I just put 50,000 miles on it I've spent close to $9,000 on repairs not including routine care! I still need a new exhaust system my power steering has had a new pump but now squeels insaly bad! I need a new transmission, new shocks and struts. heater motor and the inside paneling.. ill just say oldsmobile made a bad choice on plastic separate pieces for paneling cuz its all poping off in my car! all in all I love my car I baby it more than anything I just wish it would stop breaking on me!
    Visitor, Plymouth, MA, April 18, 2011 05:36
    I have a 2000 intrigue and the directional problems eneryone is having is caused by your hazard switch if u take the little grey cover off and touch it while you have the problem it will go away lol i have learned from experience and now im having a problem with it dying and the steering wheel locking up while im driving come to find out its the electrical ignotion switch which is only about a $90 part hope everyone finds the right help they need from this post any questions email me mamaa3244@aim.com
  • 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue
    Visitor, Saint Paul, MN, January 04, 2011 19:54
    my car has been plagued with problems..my 3 power windows except for the driver's side don't work. the turn signals sometimes work but now the steering wheel locks and it dies every now and then..don't know what the problem is but i would consider buying another make
  • 2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue
    Visitor, Washington, DC, September 08, 2010 10:34
    I brought this car at 104,000 miles and I've had it for approximately 2 years. The only problem I have experience thus far is with the turn signal switch which sometimes does not work. Otherwise it has been a good car as long as I performed the necessary mantainance on it.
    Visitor, Wilmington, NC, May 25, 2010 19:36
    Nice styling, but more problems than my other vehicles. I have replaced three of four power windows units and the driver pwr window switch. Window operation is sporatic, I think the ignition switch is the problem. I recently replaced the lower intake manifold gaskets and installed the improved upper intake manifold to stop coolant leaks. Driver side sun visor was difficult to pivit and eventually broke. Currently there is a bad oil leak I need to fix.
    Visitor, Hinesville, GA, April 25, 2010 14:20
    My mother's vehicle (serviced w/dealer)....144K miles later...here what has been repaired: Alternator x2@56K and 122K, transmission 70K, all 4 window regulators, climate control, Blower motor, blower motor resistor, rotors, tie rods, valve cover gaskets, water pump, coolant reservoir, idler pulley, power steering pump, battery cable, crankshaft position sensor, A/C compressor, Rank/pinion steering assembly, visors...This vehicle is poorly built with too many cheap parts!! This is why I myself drives Japanese!!
    VMad, Carl Junction, MO, April 17, 2010 12:46
    Its been an okay car, but i've got a major repair facing me now (severe lifter knocking) and i'm sick of putting money into it
    Visitor, Hinesville, GA, April 16, 2010 12:01
    This is a DAMN Good Car! Only if the "owners stay on top of their regular maintainance the engineers at GM needs to bring back the Oldsmobile Line!!!
    davesed26, Beacon, NY, December 30, 2009 15:48
    I got my 99 Intrigue with 175,000 miles on it. It now has 234,000. It has its hiccups, window reg went out twice driver side, the turn signals ( to many times to count ), and now its the low pressure power steering hose, and blower fan for the ac/heat. I got the car about 4 years ago, put it through hell, and it keeps on going.
    Lee Herman, Wellesley, MA, April 13, 2009 17:29
    I like the way the car drives, but just about everything on the car has failed at least once, with the exception of the engine (which has been flawless) and the exhaust. Poor fit and finish. Failures include alternator (twice), climate control unit, power steering hose, heater blower motor, A/C compressor bearing, brake master cylinder, strut mounts, intermediate steering column, transmission pressure valve, tie rods, MAP sensor. Pads and rotors last about 35K miles. Luckily I had an extended warranty.
    jenhaney, Mount Vernon, IN, April 08, 2009 13:00
    All interior items that had glue used to hold them in place broke in 2002. Either they broke after hitting a bump or after winter. Even the gear shift button broke. Also the rear view mirror, the gear shift button, the driver sun visor, head liner around the sun roof, the heating/air controls didn't work on low or medium, and then the power windows quit working. Also the trunk would only work when using the button, not the key!
    Kilroy396, Lutz, FL, August 29, 2008 04:42
    We bought the car with .4 miles on it and the only work it has need was a wheel bearing at 80k and an ABS sensor at 120k! Only normal maintenance, still has orginal brakes!