Oldsmobile Achieva Reviews

Oldsmobile Achieva Reviews and Owner Comments

bought my 92 olds achieva sc 5yrs ago for 600 dollars and it still getting approx 32 mpg. only had to replace the normal wear & tear items since i have owned it. i love that 2.3L quad4 engine lots of power and torque. other than my pontiac sunfire gt 2.4L quad4 its my pride and joy!
Great for a first car, otherwise don't buy it.
awful horrible car do not buy it
Purchased at Government auction ,circa 2003. 40,000 miles, for $3500. Am satisfied, but would not have purchased this car, if I had known how hard it is to work (on). It's not for a shade tree mechanic: For instance: The engine must be partially disassembled to replace the water pump! There is not much free room under the hood, so that some engine repairs are best made with the engine tilted out of the engine compartment!... Not my cup of tea!..These vehicles, apparently are notoriously hard to work on!... However, I do find that my car is generally reliable: I could have done much worse than choosing this fairly unpopular model!
I,V NOW HAVE 117.000 ON MY ACHIEVA AND THE ONLY THING THAT IS WENT WRONG IS MY HEATER IS BAD , IDLER PULLY JUST WENT BAD , AND MY CLEAR COAT IS COMING OFF IN SPOTS , DOOR PANEL ON DRIVERS SIDE KEEPS POPPING OFF UPPER TAB. ALSO MY INTAKE MANIFOLD HAS A VERY SLOW WATER LEAK. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR A WHILE.