Oldsmobile 88 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Oldsmobile 88
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Oldsmobile 88 Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
Oldsmobile 88 Questions
My car had hydrolock on #2 cylinder. After replacing all gaskets and lower intake manifold car run for about 30 seconds then died. Pulled spark plug from #2 cylinder and it is full of fuild. Upper manifold looks good. What else could it be?
The car will run for about 10 mins then shut off abruptly, but it starts right back up.
Oldsmobile 88 Recalls
Oldsmobile 88 Reviews
Great vehicles. One of the best engines in the world.
My car all of a sudden started a grinding noise from the transmission and its when I start it and then put it in reverse an now I have no reverse.
I was given this car last year, 92 olds royal 88 ls. Beautiful car 158 thous original miles, problem is it hasn't been driven in 4.5 yrs. Change the lower intake manifold gasket, and used gasket maker for the upper aluminum plenum. Car starts and runs fine till hot then get an information system message or two sometimes - fuel sending problem, low oil pressure problem - on very low idle, als...