2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Q&A

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Question: Ok, I think we have narrowed my erratic starting problems down to a bad fuel pre

sure regulator. Where is it located? Haynes, Chilton, Yahoo, Google and every parts store in Houston have given me a different location for the fuel pressure sensor and different instructions on how to replace it! please help -
bring vin# to your chevy dealer. information is free. it's all linked to vin#. -
fuel pressure sensor should be part of the fuel cell that is commonly know as fuel pump assm. fuel pressure regulator is located in fuel rail near injectors -
Comment 1
Thank you for your response. However, the regulator is NOT on the fuel rail. My husband completely removed the fuel rail and trust me it is not on there or anywhere near there. I don't know what the deal is but this 2004 Chevrolet 1500 crew cab 5.3 liter is not like every other 5.3 liters. Nothing is the same when it comes to part locations or even some of the parts themselves. It is a Texas Edition T series. Would that make a difference? -
it sits on top of the feul pump.and the feul pump sits inside of the feul tank/and can be removed so that you can replace the sensor. -