The check engine light was on about a month ago. I had the code checked and was told the engine was running lean. We weren't too concerned; tried to take it on a 3 hour drive and it just was SPEWING white smoke. We had it towed to a shop thinking head gasket - was oil separator. The check engine light is back on 3 weeks later. 54,000 miles. I am not the original owner. I am not technical. Doubt I could change a tire. What else could be wrong with this engine?
Oil Separator Replaced. Check Engine Back On on 2000 Porsche Boxster
1 answerOctober 29, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Porsche Boxster Questions
- Why won't the windows go all the way up after top is closed and locked
- When I hit the brake pedal my cars rear end instantly pulls hard to the left.
- The engine check light went on ( yellow ), cylinder #2 compression leak.
- Brake hard and horn goes off,. then the steering wheel airbag indicator comes on
- Dssh lights stay on battery goes dead