The leak may develop from the oil pump seal. Our technicians prefer to use thread locker when replacing the seal to prevent the bolts from becoming loose again.
Average mileage: 160,000 (80,000–220,000)
Engine affected: 2.5L 4 Cylinder
8 people reported this problem
Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 comments
2006 Subaru Outback - 2.5L 4 Cylinder 80,000 mi,
burning oil smell after long periods of driving....
leaking and smoking from oil pump.
Verified for the Subaru Outback17 reports
Verified for the Subaru Outback119 reports
Verified for the Subaru Outback67 reports
2 answersNovember 05, 2012
1 answerApril 11, 2016
Most Common Subaru Outback Problems
Most Recent Subaru Outback Problems
Subaru Outback Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($216 - 313) in Bridgewater, VA
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($211 - 287) in Pittsburg, TX
- Clutch Replacement ($1,172 - 1,618) in Longmire, WA
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Verona Beach, NY
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,007 - 1,138) in Haviland, OH
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($478 - 711) in Arthurdale, WV