An engine oil leak may develop from the rear of the engine. This is commonly caused by a failed oil pump drive o-ring seal. The leaking o-ring should be replaced to correct this concern.
Average mileage: 142,000 (95,000–186,000)
Engines affected: 2.2L 4 Cylinder, 2.4L 4 Cylinder, 3.4L V6
10 people reported this problem
Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 comments
2001 Oldsmobile Alero - 2.4L 4 Cylinder 186,000 mi,
it was actually the oil pressure sensor that went badand shot out 2 quarts of oil in 4 minutes of driving.
2003 Oldsmobile Alero - 3.4L V6 95,000 mi,
i got the same proble..no oil pressure or oil pumping in the motor..
Verified for the Oldsmobile Alero18 reports
Verified for the Oldsmobile Alero55 reports
Verified for the Oldsmobile Alero17 reports
Verified for the Oldsmobile Alero7 reports
Verified for the Oldsmobile Alero20 reports
Most Common Oldsmobile Alero Problems
Most Recent Oldsmobile Alero Problems
Oldsmobile Alero Estimates
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($125 - 158) in York, SC
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Poncha Springs, CO
- Brake Drum Replacement ($323 - 615) in Owensboro, KY
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($1,009 - 1,303) in Closplint, KY
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($163 - 202) in Azalea, OR
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($378 - 635) in Walcott, AR