When I got the car they had the oil terribly over full. I changed the oil and filter and it quit... for a minute. I have a minor oil leak so the next time I added oil it began the ticking again, but it is on and off. My gauges read good. I was wondering if the oil pump going out could be the issue... if not... any advice?
Oil pump cause occasional ticking? on 1993 Nissan Maxima
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Maxima Questions
- Oil leak - valve cover gaskets - keep checking oil dipstick until repair?
- Have a coolant leak and can not find it but lose a gallon every few days
- I have a 1999 maximum and my rpm will not rise above 2500
- Had all motor mounts all done + caliber but my car excellorated from 45 to 70
- estimate to change motor mount
1993 Nissan Maxima Estimates
- Brake Drum Replacement ($342 - 521) in Fluvanna, TX
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Garvin, OK
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($139 - 175) in Fall Creek, WI
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Poquoson, VA
- Battery Cable Replacement ($82 - 276) in Dresden, ME
- Exhaust Tail Pipe Replacement ($144 - 188) in Lemon Cove, CA