When I got the car they had the oil terribly over full. I changed the oil and filter and it quit... for a minute. I have a minor oil leak so the next time I added oil it began the ticking again, but it is on and off. My gauges read good. I was wondering if the oil pump going out could be the issue... if not... any advice?
Oil pump cause occasional ticking? on 1993 Nissan Maxima
Asked by for the 1993 Nissan Maxima
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Maxima Questions
- Where is the fuse for the cluster lights in the dashboard?
- My idle is going crazy, it ref up and down.
- My 2014 Nissan Maxima won't accelerate but rpm will go high. Only 52000 m help!
- 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE. P0300,P1800,P0011,P0021.
- How expensive is it to re program this to get it to run and is it worth the fix
1993 Nissan Maxima Estimates
- PCV Valve Replacement ($50 - $71) in Fluvanna, TX
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - $108) in Garvin, OK
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Fall Creek, WI
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($92 - $118) in Poquoson, VA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($153 - $187) in Dresden, ME
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($591 - $1,206) in Lemon Cove, CA