2000 Hyundai Accent Q&A

2000 Hyundai Accent Question: Oil problem

I cant see any oil leaking but im 2 quarts low after a month of driving what causes this? I dont know much about cars but I think its the gasket right below where the oil goes ( I have a 2000 Hyundai Accent)Is this the head gasket? if so how much is it to get fixed thanks for any input I probably sound dumb but I am looking it up and posting this question so im tryin lol. -
The valve covers is what you are most likely seeing the oil leaking from. Being down 2 quarts in a month is quite a bit. Being a 2000 year there are probably some other gasket leaks but they are not bad enough to cause visible drips on ground. The car may also be burning small amounts of oil as it is driven but not enough to cause visible smoking. I would suggest replacing valve cover gaskets and use a quality oil such as Castrol and check your oil more often. -
Comment 1
Yup ,after looking it up and hearing from you I beleive you are right on thanks alot for your help. -
the check oil light came on for my car. oil was low so I added oil. light did not go off. car does not smell as if oil is burning nor is there oil under the car when parked.
On Tues, had a radiator replaced, thought it was fine, was out in the boonies the next day, far from home, and it ran hotter than usual. Then went into red, but came out of it at times. Probably ha...
I JUST BROUGHT A USED 2001 ACCENT 100K + MILES THERE WAS NO OWNER MANUEL, NO JACK, ETC. JUST FIXIN' IT UP, NEEDS OIL CHANGE AND BRAKES REALL QUICK....
This is my first oil change since I pur the vehicle