Oil problem? on 1998 Dodge Intrepid

I just bought a used dodge intrepid, the oil light comes on and when I start the car there's a weird noise and the car shakes. What's wrong and how much to fix it?

by in Troutdale, OR on March 22, 2013
1 answer
ANSWER by on March 23, 2013
try oil stabilizer to recondition seals and cylinders on next oil change. car shake may be due to air/fuel mix. pull fuel filter and examine for signs of water. have diagnostic run for fuel system and exhaust system. fuel system may need to be cleaned. you can do this by using an ethanol treatment in fuel system on next fill up.
Oil is in breather car smokes with a rattle in top of engine,what is causeing oil to get to plugs?Have checked timming it is ok.Can see oil in valve chambers.Could it be a bad intake gasket? car w...
oil light comes on when i come to a stop (rpm650-700 IDAL)AN GOES OUT when i go again(rpm above 1000)oil change
When i drive sometimes my oil light flickers on and off, sometimes it even stays on and then immediatly goes off. Please let me know whats going on. thanks
My 1999 Intrepid has 222,000 miles on it. Recently I had some sensors in the transmission fixed, but am having a problem with the car stalling. It doesn't do it all the time. At first I thought t...