What has to be removed to replace the oil pan? Is there anything else I should consider while I'm at it?
Oil pan replacement on 1998 Ford Windstar
If the oil pan has to be replaced due to impact,check that the oil pump pick up is not damaged. If the engine has high mileage it may be a good idea to check the engine rod and main bearings for wear.
Verified for the Ford Windstar21 reports
3 answersSeptember 02, 2009
1 answerOctober 13, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Windstar Questions
- Steering wheel colum ..Gear shift
- My theft light blinks my trip zero outs when cold starting & head lights flash
- My van suddenly died while driving 30 mph. Does nothing when trying to restart
- Solution needed for van stalling with lean bank codes PO171 and PO174
- 3.8 V6 Windstar engine has a knock/rattle.
1998 Ford Windstar Estimates
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($156 - 221) in Paris, KY
- Timing Belt Replacement ($386 - 513) in Mound City, MO
- 70,000 Mile Service ($123 - 183) in Granite Quarry, NC
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($163 - 222) in Fraser, CO
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Rindge, NH
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($155 - 196) in Brandywine, WV