brought 96 vw jetta from a family member upon purchase i was told that he got a tune up and a oil change but the oil light was blinking and beeping and he was told it was the oil pressure switch... so i recently replaced it and the oil light and the noised stop but i notice if i rev the engine past 10 to 20 rpm it will start blinking again but no noise... i checked the dipstick and there is oil in it can any one help me out with this problem
oil light blinks when driving or when revved past 20 rpm
on 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($415 - $585) in Mount Dora, FL
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($248 - $416) in Golden Meadow, LA
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($402 - $695) in Apple Grove, WV
- AC Condenser Replacement ($485 - $689) in Wauzeka, WI
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($771 - $824) in Milton, FL
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Osceola Mills, PA