I was told that I had a leak in the timing cover by a toyota dealership, to fix this leak ,I am being charged $740.00 , is that a fair price?
oil leak in timing cover on 2005 Toyota Corolla
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
July 24, 2010
Depends on which Engine that you have, on 1 engine this job takes 7.2 hours, so that is about what your are being quoted. Look at your VIN code and if it is a letter Y then that is the 7.2 hour job. Other wise it is about a 4 hour job.
2 answersMay 21, 2012
1 answerApril 17, 2009
1 answerJune 08, 2015
1 answerFebruary 17, 2017
1 answerMarch 29, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Corolla Questions
- Whats thecost to get a transmission changed on my toyota corolla 1991 automatic
- How to talk down the cylinder head on what is the torque specs
- How expensive is it to repair an oil leak coming from timing chain cover
- Is it the solenoid, transmission, or possible computer problem?
- What to use when replacing the power steering fluid?
2005 Toyota Corolla Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($446 - 1,339) in De Soto, WI
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in New Woodstock, NY
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($235 - 309) in East Poland, ME
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($326 - 436) in Dubuque, IA
- Window Switch Replacement ($448 - 466) in Alvin, IL
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($31 - 53) in Highland Mills, NY