When I bought the car it had no oil leaks. I changed the oil like I have countless times on other vehicles and now I have an oil leak right around where the filter's gasket seats up to the engine. Only leaks when the engine is running. Tried other filters, tried over tightening the filter...no luck. Any ideas?
Oil Leak on 1995 Honda Civic
On all three engine types that year there is an oil cooler between the oil filter and the engine block. Take off the filter ensure the bolt that secures the oil cooler to the engine block is tight (probably about 30mm), perhaps change the oil seals at the cooler.
Verified for the Honda Civic16 reports
Verified for the Honda Civic40 reports
Verified for the Honda Civic9 reports
This week's top 10
1995 Honda Civic Estimates
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($263 - $363) in Gilbert, SC
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($270 - $368) in Portville, NY
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($174 - $228) in Union City, OK
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($202 - $714) in Lyndon Center, VT
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($241 - $327) in Owanka, SD
- Windshield Washer Fluid Reservoir Replacement ($116 - $203) in Weston, MO