Was driving down highway at 65 mph. Instantly started throwing oil out backside of motor. Have inspected and can't find hole in block or any gasket failure. Is there a oil pressure line in this area? Would loss of oil cause low oil shut down?
oil leak on 1999 Pontiac Sunfire
It may be necessary to wash down the engine to pinpoint the source of the leak. For really hard to find leaks we use a florescent dye that you add to the oil, run the engine and then look for the dye to seep out a gasket, seal or mating surface using UV light.
Verified for the Pontiac Sunfire23 reports
1 answerApril 16, 2009
1 answerFebruary 20, 2011
2 answersSeptember 21, 2010
2 answersApril 03, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Sunfire Questions
- I got a 97 pontiac sunfire 2.4 gt my signal lights dont work what do i do
- What would cause the car to die when Ac or heat is turned on?
- I have a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire automatic 2.2 it won't engage in reverse.
- I have put 3 brand new auto zone starters on my car, why do they stop working?
- engine light came on after full tune up
1999 Pontiac Sunfire Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($247 - 630) in Eckhart Mines, MD
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Norris City, IL
- 22,500 Mile Service ($79 - 127) in Richton, MS
- Heater Core Replacement ($627 - 767) in East Lynn, IL
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($816 - 1,121) in Cerrillos, NM
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($669 - 839) in Ashford, WV