Was driving down highway at 65 mph. Instantly started throwing oil out backside of motor. Have inspected and can't find hole in block or any gasket failure. Is there a oil pressure line in this area? Would loss of oil cause low oil shut down?
oil leak on 1999 Pontiac Sunfire
It may be necessary to wash down the engine to pinpoint the source of the leak. For really hard to find leaks we use a florescent dye that you add to the oil, run the engine and then look for the dye to seep out a gasket, seal or mating surface using UV light.
1 answerApril 16, 2009
1 answerFebruary 20, 2011
2 answersSeptember 21, 2010
2 answersApril 03, 2009
1 answerApril 04, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Sunfire Questions
- What would cause my A/C to only fail when idling or at a stop ?
- I live in Southeast Missouri trying to find the cost to replace a head gasket
- My whole electrical panel doesn't work. What B will if cost to repair or replace
- Front passenger seat stuck in forward position. Easiest step by step guide on tr
- Car won't start does nothing when I turn key. The gear shifter has no tension.